Healthy vegetarian meals made with hibiscus flower
For you who are looking for options to reduce your meat consumption and start eating healthier, we made a small count of healthy vegetarian meals, and also added a little about the benefits of roselle in the daily diet.
Let's go with these rich and delicious options!
Raisin flower tacos
A great option for those who can't give up taquitos are: the vegetarian hibiscus flower tacos! A light recipe, very tasty and quick to prepare, let's go with the ingredients:
- Corn tortillas
- Half a cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 white onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 avocado
- You will have to prepare the jamaica, wash it in water and then put it to boil in a saucepan. Let boil for 10 minutes, remove and drain.
- In a pan, fry the onion with the garlic and then add the chopped hibiscus flower, fry for about 10 minutes and voila!
- Serve in tortillas and enhance its flavor with cilantro, jalapeño peppers and avocado.
This peculiar sauce is ideal to mix with a pasta or any stew that you can think of that needs some heat, to make it you will need:
- Don Zabor hibiscus flower
- 1 Don Zabor guajillo chili
- ¼ onion
- ½ garlic
- Bring the jamaica to a boil in water, remove when cooked and strain.
- Now in a small pot, bring the guajillo chili, garlic and onion to a boil.
- When all the ingredients are ready and cooked, blend and then fry in a saucepan. Taste from time to time to see if you don't need salt. It's going to look amazing on you!
Raisin tinga and carrot
And lastly, this rich recipe is great if you're looking to mix the jamaica with a vegetable.
- ½ cups Don Zabor hibiscus flower
- 3 grated carrots
- 1 sliced onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ground chipotle pepper
- ½ minced garlic
- ½ cup of water
- First we will prepare the sauce, grind the tomatoes, chipotle, salt, pepper and water in the blender.
- In another pot, put enough water to bring the jamaica to a boil and let it cook for approximately 10 or 15 minutes.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a pan, let the onion begin to look transparent and then add the chopped jamaica and the grated carrot. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce that we prepared at the beginning, move and stir the ingredients. When you see that the carrot is already soft, remove it from the heat.
- Serve on toast, with beans and voila!
These three vegetarian meals are very simple and they are really super delicious. In each of them you can take advantage of the benefits of the jamaica flower, such as that it is rich in iron and calcium, it helps reduce bad cholesterol levels in the body and protects us from heart disease.
Keep in mind that Don Zabor products are available in the best self-service stores such as Walmart, H-E-B, La Comer, City Club and alsuper See you in the next recipe!.