The year begins and we are sure that some grapes in the count were dedicated to improving your diet. Here we share the recipe that will help you take care of your diet without guilt.
And it is that after Christmas dinner, New Year's Eve party and Rosca de Reyes we reach the scale with a few extra pounds and it is precisely at this time where we have the opportunity to explore recipes that help us to improve our diet and feel refreshed to start the year.
Of the foods that we are most concerned about giving up are desserts due to their high content of sugars and flours. Fortunately, you should not leave these delicacies to lose weight or improve your diet in this year that begins.
All you have to do is change some ingredients in the recipes you already know and this time we share with you our recipe for carrot cake with almond flour. In fact, you can make the flour at home, here we leave you the link of the recipe that we had already published in this blog Almond flour.
The almond flour will help us in our diet since it contains very few carbohydrates, as well as a low glycemic index, this means , which gives us a minimum percentage of sugar in the blood. In addition to being a source of antioxidants, vegetable proteins and vitamins, it turns out to be a gluten-free ingredient, which makes it the best option for your kitchen.
Nor can we ignore the benefits of carrots in our diet. Various studies confirm that regular consumption of this vegetable improves eye health, protects our heart and prevents aging.
- 3 cups homemade almond flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup of Don Zabor walnut
- 1 cup of Don Zabor raisins
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of royal
We will prepare 3 mixtures,
1. In the first mixture place the eggs with the sugar and beat until the mixture is white and fluffy, reserve
2. For the second, mix the almond flour with the royal powder and the cinnamon
3.For the last mixture, combine the carrot with the oil and the walnuts and the raisins
4. Add a little of the second mixture to the mixture from step 1 and beat until there are no lumps
5. Add part of the carrot mixture and beat until incorporated
6. Alternate the mixture containing the almond with the walnuts and the carrot mixture little by little until everything is integrated
7. Bake at 160 degrees for approx. 40min
Done! Now you have your super healthy carrot cake.
Don't forget to visit us at our online store to learn about and order the products to make your pancake as well as explore more recipes and notes on our blog. Find all our products at any Walmart, Superama, Bodega Aurrera, H-E-B, laComer, Alsuper and at your nearest store.