Surprise everyone at home with this recipe
Has it happened to you? You have a dish that you enjoy the most and when you eat it every day it becomes a bit repetitive and you get to let it rest for a while until you forget about it. Well, with rice it can happen to you, but its texture and flavor make it easy to combine and evolve with other ingredients to make it a complete surprise to your palate.
Getting into the subject and talking about the characteristics of rice, there are 3 types of rice in terms of its shape: long (which is widely used in Asian cuisine), short (the favorite for making sushi ) and a half (to prepare paella or a delicious rice pudding).
And as for its variety, you can find it precooked or steamed, which doesn't need as much cooking time and is useful if you don't have much time to do it. There is also brown or brown rice, which no longer has hulls, preserves the germ and has more nutrients.
Now that we know a little more about rice and its characteristics, this time we chose the walnut to reinvent it, since it is a rich and highly nutritious food, containing antioxidants and proteins that help reduce the risk of diseases. cardiovascular diseases, help memory and some say it even improves your mood, do we need more reasons to use it? Let's get good with this delicious recipe for rice with walnuts, very simple and easy to prepare. Let's get started!
- 2 cups of Don Zabor white rice
- 3/4 cup Don Zabor walnuts
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 whole garlic clove
- Fresh rosemary to taste
- 1/4 cup Don Zabor dried cranberries
- ½ chopped onion
- First, you are going to cook your rice as usual, put it first in water to rest and strain it. Later, pour oil into a saucepan, when you see that it is heated, add the rice, move it for approximately 1 minute until it is slightly toasted, add two cups of water, salt and cover it. Remember to put it on low heat so that it doesn't stick to you, avoid stirring it, prick it with a fork to check it and taste it from time to time so that it is the consistency that you like the most.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the nuts by breaking them into small pieces. And when they are ready, put them in a hot pan with olive oil, fry them together with the garlic, rosemary and onion. This for a period of 4-5 minutes, although wow! Be careful not to burn them so they don't make the mixture bitter.
- How's your rice? Do not forget! When it's fluffy, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now comes the good part, it's time to mix, pour the rice into another pan and add the ingredients you fried, heat them together for a while and that's it, serve immediately. Garnish with rosemary and dried cranberries when serving at the table.
Perfect! You can use this rice as a garnish for other dishes, you can also change the nuts for almonds and add some dried fruits. Other preparation options that are used are to put diced smoked ham, mushrooms or bacon.
It all sounds amazing! We hope you have loved our rice proposal for your week, try to make it and show off your cooking skills.
Keep in mind that the flavors of the best Don Zabor products are available in self-service stores, add them to your list and look for them on your next visit!